I Was Born Loving Pets


My family had a pet dog before they had me. A beagle named Teddy.

I had a high chair in the kitchen, in the corner out of traffic and facing into the room. Like any kid, I didn’t pay attention – all the time – to where I had my hands when I was holding some food. Teddie paid attention.

It only took once with my left hand lazily dropped down toward the floor with a sandwich or hotdog for Teddie to jump up, snatch the food and give my fingers a sharp, if accidental nip.
Wham. Cry. My mom was no nonsense, she said “You have to watch your food and keep it on the tray.” Ok.

Then I watched my brother learn the same lesson three years later. Did I warn him? Of course not!

So, hopefully you are laughing, yet wondering “What the heck?” The reason is… just like you, the first remembered pet story is one of hundreds.  I have been blessed in my life to have childhood pets, roommate pets, and my own pets for 58 years. All my life.

It is a blessing I wish on every human on the planet. Pets are gifts to our human and limited lives. They know more than we do and love unconditionally.

Purpose
You have read this far! Awesome! Let’s keep going.

I have a mission. I want to eliminate the suffering of homeless, neglected and mistreated cats and dogs in our country.  My sensitive heart cannot endure the harsh end of the spectrum – facing and stopping the worst of cruelty. It simply hurts me too much. However, I can look for a root cause and take action there. To reduce mistreatment, neglect and abandonment of cats, dogs, kittens and puppies, one solution is to reduce unwanted litters. 

My purpose in creating the Spay and Neuter Nexus is to shine a light on individuals, organizations, communities, and businesses who are doing their part to reduce unwanted births and end homelessness for cats and dogs.

My mission is to create a platform for sharing knowledge, success stores and insights that supports spaying and neutering our best friends. I am beginning with Boise, Idaho – where I live, then bigger and further! There are no limits.

What might you do? 
Wherever you find or hear a good idea, story, or organization, send me info and links. The Spay and Neuter Nexus will grow and become a mighty force for good.  Stay tuned for near-term plans and hints of the long-term vision.

Thank you,
KK Lipsey

Comments

Popular Posts